If you are in Direct Sales, you have probably noticed how popular theme home parties have become. These days hosts are looking for something different. We have all been to those parties where a consultant just stands up there and shows you her business products, but these days, those type of parties are becoming less appealing.
Hosts now want an interactive and fun theme party. I have compiled a list of some very popular theme ideas for you to consider the next time you are demonstrating a party for your Direct Sales home business.
1. Home Organization: These days, everyone is looking to downsize and to get better organized. If you are with a company that offers products that a customer can use to get better organized, then consider using this theme.
2. Couples Cooking Class: A lot of couples enjoy cooking, baking and grilling together. If you are with one of the Kitchen or Gourmet Food company’s this is a fun theme just for couples.
3. Men Only Cooking Class: I have found that a lot of men enjoy being in the kitchen. If you can find a male party host, this would be a great theme to do, so that they can invite all of their ‘male’ friends to the cooking class.
4. Girls Night In Slumber Party: This theme idea will work for most of the direct sales home businesses. Girls are always looking for a reason to get together.
5. Home Daycare Owners: Millions of women run daycares out of their home and they make excellent hosts. They know plenty of parents to invite to their party plus they can invite other local daycare providers. This is a great theme if you sell children’s products as daycare providers are always looking for new things for their daycares so why not let them earn some free products by hosting a home show.
6. Children Only, Gift Shopping Event: This is better done with Cash and Carry Products. Invite the children over to your home to shop for a Gift for Mom and Grandma. You can get cheap wrapping paper and some crafting supplies at the dollar store and have them make a Greeting Card too!
7. Treat Your Mom: You have the guests bring their mothers with them to the show. Have your host serve appetizers and beverages.
8. Mystery Hostess Open House: I always recommend that new Direct Sales Consultants start out by hostessing their very own open house event. Every guest who attends your open house and makes a purchase will be entered into a special drawing where they will be named the host (if they are the winner) and will earn all of the free hostess goodies and gifts.
9. Bridal Shower Party: If your host is getting married soon, consider turning the home show into a Bridal Shower. This works well if you are with a home decor company or a kitchen company.
10. Baby Shower Gathering: If you know someone who is expecting a baby and you sell baby and children’s products, this would be a really nice theme to incorporate into your home show line-up.
11. Partying For Charity: Have a party to raise money for charitable organizations or donate the free items that the hostess would earn to a womens shelter, low income family, etc.
12. Open House Weekend Cash and Carry: This is a great theme if you have a lot of product on hand, especially discontinued merchandise. I like to do these type of parties twice a year to just clean out my overstock. I always discount the products and make it a cash and carry weekend shopping event.
13. Best Friends Evening Out: (works best with bath and body products, candle, skincare and cosmetic products).
14. Quick and Easy Meals Taste Great: This theme works well for those who sell gourmet food products or if you are with a kitchen and food Direct Sales company.
15. Work Place Lunch Office Parties: (can also hold them at the workplace after work too!) Works great especially for the smaller privately owned businesses.
16. Sports Themed Tailgating Bash: If your host doesn’t mind asking her guests to each bring a food dish to the home show, try this theme around some of the big sporting events such as the NBA Playoffs, The Stanley Cup and The Super Bowl.
17. Movie and a Meal Night: Have your host provide the movie. Have the demonstration before the movie then let guests mingle, eat and watch the movie together while you finish up your party.
18. Ditch the Casual Wear and Bring out the Party Wear: If you are doing an all girls theme, try having them all dress up in their favorite dresses and gowns! What girl doesn’t love a reason to get dressed up?
19. The Good Old Days: Have guests dress up in 1960s and 1970s attire. Put the ‘groove’ back into partying! Dig out those bell bottom jeans and pointy collared shirts! Bring back Flower Power!
20. Italian Pizza Night: Have your host order a few pizzas. Have guests wear red, white and green which are the colors in the Italian National Flag.
21. Rainy Day, Kids Craft Day: (great for those in scrapbooking and paper crafts Direct Sales home businesses) Moms are always looking for things to keep kids busy on snowy and rainy days.
22. For Teachers Only: If your host is a teacher and you sell educational product for children, try hostessing a Teachers Only Party.
23. Sweet 16 Build Your Hope Chest Show: If you have a host who has a daughter who will be turning 16, you can try having this type of theme party if you sell home decor, houseware or kitchenware type of products.
24. Game Night for Guys and Party Night for Girls: This is great if you have a big enough home. Do it on a day that there is a big sporting event! All the guys in one room watching the game while the girls get together in another room.
25. Food On the Go: Works well if you are with one of the Kitchen Direct Sales Companys. Adults are always looking for ways to transport their food to work and back as well as packing school lunches for the kids.
26. Make Great Treats and Sweets for Bake Sales: Busy Moms are always looking for a way to make treats for all of those bake sales! Works really well with Parents of Elementary School Aged Children. You can contact the schools PTA and see if they would be interested in having you come to the school and doing this with the moms after one of their PTA meetings.
27. Moms on the go Gym Show: Contact your local Fitness Gyms and see if you can come to the gym and do a show, set up a table or teach a class.
28. Beat the Clock: (these are fun to do on the days that we have time changes here in the USA) but you can do them any time. You can set it up that if guests order within 30 minutes of the party starting they get a 15% discount, at 45 minutes it drops down to 10%.
29. Auction Event with your Cash and Carry Products: A great way to unload all of your overstock merchandise and offer your customers a bargain at the same time.
30. A Cut Above the Rest: Great if you sell cutlery, food choppers, scissors or if you just sell stylish products.
31. Ice Cream Social: If you are holding a Ice Cream Social, make sure you have enough variety of ice cream toppings and ice cream available. Now who doesn’t love ice cream? This is a great theme during the Spring and Summer Months.
32. Kitchen Cooking and Household Solutions Party: If you are with company that offers kitchen products, household products and/or cleaning products, this might be a good theme for you to try out.
33. Pass the Catalog: Take a few catalogs and staple an order form to the backside. Have your host pass the catalog around at her church, workplace, meeting groups etc. Same concept as a catalog order party.
34. Community Work From Home Event: Use this more for recruiting, but you can also accept orders from those who attend your event. Part of growing your business is getting your business out in front of your community.
35. 5 Ingredients or Less: This would be appropriate for kitchen and food type of companies.
36. Moms on a Budget: During this type of home show you should only demo items that are $25 or less.
37. Multi-Consultant Neighborhood Event: Find other consultants who represent Non-Competing types of products in your community and hold one large event.
38. Adopt a Neighborhood Needy Family: Find a neighborhood family in need, (churches are great sources for this) and donate all of the freebie and 1/2 prices items that are earned during this event to the family.
39. Mans Best Friend: If you sell pet foods and supplies this is a great theme party for you.
40. New Moms Time Out Show: Invite all the new Mothers to attend your show. New moms need a break so giving them a few hours without the kids is something they look forward to.
41. Dieting Buddies: They say that losing weight is more successful if you have a dieting buddy. So if you sell gourmet foods, natural and healthy supplements, vitamins, or exercise equipment you can start a dieting buddies program.
Shelly has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989. Shelly is a Manager with Tupperware. You can contact Shelly at:
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Shelly_Hill